.

SURPLUS MUSINGS

       Image Gallery  |  Travel  |  Digital Photography

:: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 ::

Disconnected..!

A few days back, out of the blue I thought I will live without cell-phone for a few days, and switched it off immediately. Thinking about it, I don't think I had any purpose defined for it. It is not like I am a much-wanted socialite who gets a call every other second and wanted to escape from it. And I was no Mr. Helpful whom people would keep calling for favours either. But somehow I did feel irritated about the phone and decided shut it up at that moment. Hopefully, I will let it stay shut another 3-4 days.

It has been 4 days already and I haven't really had any problems at all. Yes, I could not make a few calls when I wished to and a few people who tried to call me would have heard a switched-off message, but missing those things hasn't really made any major difference.

In these four days, there are other basic features with the phone that I have missed though. The phone doubled up as a watch and I now don't even have a means to see time! On Sunday night, I realized I have no easy way to wake up next morning on time, since I did not have another alarm clock. Today I missed the phone when I wanted to listen to the radio on my hour-long commute to work. And occasionally I wished to play chess puzzles but did not have the phone around.

But there are some good things too. I now no longer have to feel that mild pressure to answer my calls even if I did not want to. And when I am not in my seat at office, people can't call me up now on the slightest excuse. There are times when I expected a call, message or some information and would not like it when it doesn't happen, but now I had no calls to expect!

All said, it still matters that I did not switch off the phone because it was becoming a pain. It was just one of the many things I would do without a reason to backup the action. I will most likely be back online in next few days.

Labels:

<< Home

__________________________________
about:me
Bangalorean, Love travelling and photography
email:  arunchs at yahoo dot com 

RSS
__________________________________
__________________________________
.

______________________________

PEER TO PEER

Q, Pooja, Archana, Trishna, Ayesha, Anita, ..::H, Codey, Tesh, Syl, Kamat, Kribs, Suman, Smyta

picblogs:Nilesh, Seahawk


______________________________
India Auto Blog


______________________________

Bloggers from India

Comments using: YACCS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



India Traveller


______________________________


 

 

Copyright © 2003 Arun Bhat. All rights reserved.