.

SURPLUS MUSINGS

       Image Gallery  |  Travel  |  Digital Photography

:: Friday, January 26, 2007 ::

Some changes with the layout

Today I sat down and decided that I can give some pep to this blog template. I did not want to change the template itself, since I was happy with the simple and convenient template. After thinking about it, I decided to stream thumbnails from my image gallery. Googling around for tools which could do this did not result in much. There did exist some tools, but only for wordpress. My next choice was to design one myself, but I had no clue of programming in PHP, the language in which my image gallery is written in. In the end, I decided to work with it, dug up the code of the image gallery, made some guesses about what to change and where. After spending almost three hours on it, I finally have a widget up and running, which you can see on the right side.

Now tell me if this image streaming widget was a good idea, and tell me if you like it.. Next step - to get rid of the vertical scroll bar, but I think that requires some more scratching of the head!

The widget can be hosted on any website, and you are welcome to use it too. Just cut and paste the code below.

<iframe src="http://www.paintedstork.com/pictures/rand.php" width="130" height="350"></iframe>

Labels: , ,

<< Home

__________________________________
about:me
Bangalorean, Love travelling and photography
email:  arunchs at yahoo dot com 

RSS
__________________________________
__________________________________
.

______________________________

PEER TO PEER

Q, Pooja, Archana, Trishna, Ayesha, Anita, ..::H, Codey, Tesh, Syl, Kamat, Kribs, Suman, Smyta

picblogs:Nilesh, Seahawk


______________________________
India Auto Blog


______________________________

Bloggers from India

Comments using: YACCS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



India Traveller


______________________________


 

 

Copyright © 2003 Arun Bhat. All rights reserved.