.

SURPLUS MUSINGS

       Image Gallery  |  Travel  |  Digital Photography

:: Monday, October 28, 2002 ::

The day of Elton John

The big day of 'Elton John, one night only' is coming closer. It is probably the most hyped up event of the year in Bangalore. And the prices for the tickets match the hype. I like Elton John's music. 'Can you feel the love tonite' and 'circle of life' are in the list of my favourites. But somehow I am not really excited about the live concert. To me, ballads and songs of such type do not very well fit in for a live concert.

Bangalore is now gathering a good history of music concerts. More than 2 years back, it were forgettable Vengaboys, Lou Bega and the types who did visit here but there were no hi-profile ones. The first noticeable concert came around one and a half years back - from the group known as 'Gods of Rock' - Deep Purple. That was the first time I went to a big concert, and it was good enough that I will not forget it. After that it was the turn of - I could not believe it - Bryan Adams. He was one of my all time favourites and I was very excited about his Bangalore visit. But unfortunately, it turned out to be a disappointment. His great numbers like 'Please forgive me', 'Everything I do' and many more songs sounded like lullabies in the concert. I came back unhappy. I was hoping for a great day when I went in, but the excitement of a live concert was missing in his songs. It felt dull..... I found it more fun to use my music system.

The next ones to come were Scorpions, one more traditional rock group like Deep Purple. They were simply amazing. It was easily the best concert I have seen in life. They seemed to have no match that day. I could go on writing about 'electric environment' and more but nothing is like being there. Pink Floyd came after Scorpions but I was not here then... So many people have come and gone but Elton John has so far created the maximum hype. As for me, I feel this one is going to be a dampener like the Bryan Adams show. And the tickets cost exactly 6 times more. So despite the fact that I like his music, I am going to stay away from this one. Have a good time in Bangalore, John.

Meanwhile, I am praying for Bon Jovi and Aerosmith to come down here and say hello...

<< Home

__________________________________
about:me
Bangalorean, Love travelling and photography
email:  arunchs at yahoo dot com 

RSS
__________________________________
__________________________________
.

______________________________

PEER TO PEER

Q, Pooja, Archana, Trishna, Ayesha, Anita, ..::H, Codey, Tesh, Syl, Kamat, Kribs, Suman, Smyta

picblogs:Nilesh, Seahawk


______________________________
India Auto Blog


______________________________

Bloggers from India

Comments using: YACCS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



India Traveller


______________________________


 

 

Copyright © 2003 Arun Bhat. All rights reserved.