.

SURPLUS MUSINGS

       Image Gallery  |  Travel  |  Digital Photography

:: Monday, October 21, 2002 ::

Bitten by the Telly bug


I have been glued to the tube most of last week. A bit too much more than usual time I spend on it. The major culprit is National Geographic. First thing, it is not easy to turn away from the channel on a normal day. And last week, every evening they had been running this thing call 'Photographers'. That makes it double difficult to miss it. I watched it for one hour every evening at 9 though I missed it on Monday. And even at the end of the program, I mostly continued watching NG. And then there were a couple of good movies to see. Saw Forrest Gump for the nth time and now, a good number of dialogues are in my control. I must say the screenplay is tight and good and has lot of messages to deliver at times.


Gump to his mother: What's my destiny, Mama?

Mother: . Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you are going to get

In another sequence,

Gump Narrating: Mama always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on


The movie is a mix of great comedy and lot of touchy sequences. Tom Hanks' acting that scores beyond excellence. I wonder how he manages to make things look so natural. Gifted, I guess.

After that I saw American Beauty for the second time. I kinda get confused after watching this movie. I am not sure why ;-). Then there was this Kannada movie that I just could not stop watching.

Probably I was destined to see a lot more last week. Accidentally, after ages I tuned into CNN while surfing and figured out they broadcast 'Comedy Central' here. And also got to see 'Jay Leno' after many weeks. These people are really funny and you simply can't stop laughing when they start talking. These shows reminded me that TV is one of the few things that I miss from my US days. With nearly 500 cable channels there, of which there were around 80 movie channels, 7 HBOs, I managed to see lot of movies that I had not seen. Like Silence of the Lambs, Cast Away, Forrest Gump for the first time and second time, Days of Thunder, Shrek, Top Gun and many more I can't recall. I wish they had movie channels like that here in India. But on second thoughts, it better not be so, or I might end up spending much more time in front of the TV. :)

<< Home

__________________________________
about:me
Bangalorean, Love travelling and photography
email:  arunchs at yahoo dot com 

RSS
__________________________________
__________________________________
.

______________________________

PEER TO PEER

Q, Pooja, Archana, Trishna, Ayesha, Anita, ..::H, Codey, Tesh, Syl, Kamat, Kribs, Suman, Smyta

picblogs:Nilesh, Seahawk


______________________________
India Auto Blog


______________________________

Bloggers from India

Comments using: YACCS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



India Traveller


______________________________


 

 

Copyright © 2003 Arun Bhat. All rights reserved.