.

SURPLUS MUSINGS

       Image Gallery  |  Travel  |  Digital Photography

:: Saturday, May 11, 2002 ::

Anchorage, Alaska

It has been such a long time I have been away from my blog that I had forgotten the URL where I am supposed to post at! First I went to blogspot and then I thought oh! no, this is not the place, I am supposed to go to blogger.com!

Flying machines have now dropped me at the Alaskan ice planes. This place is one hell of a wonder on this earth. I wish I lived here forever and it be summer here thru the year. Temperatue runs around 3 degree to 12 degree Centigrade in a day and supposed to go up to 17-18 at good summer. But it does not feel very chilling. Rather, it is nice and beautiful to walk out in the streets, especially when there is sun. Sun sets around 10-30PM these days in summer. I hear that it will be bright and shining by 4 in the morning but haven't verified it myself. :-) The city of Anchorage seems to be made to order to be enveloped by beauty. To one side are snow capped mountains that are a sight I never get tired of seeing. And on the other side is see(I have not seen that yet!). I hear waves in the sea shores is hear are great to watch, I am dying to see them. The only problem with Alaska is that it takes ages to finish seeing all the beautiful places here(And it costs lot of $$). There are hundreds of fjords, glaciers, mountains and adventure sports to be enjoyed. Covering every thing may take months together(and a couple of grands) doing only that, which is why I would rather live hear. My grand Alaskan sight seeing is to be kicked off today!

In the next few weeks, I plan to post some pictures that I would be taking(Haven't got any yet). Just can't wait to build a library of pictures. :-))

Some of the responses that I received when I said I am heading to Alaska:

  • oh! god

  • you ok there? Not freezing right

  • Do people live there? Is that a normal place

  • It will be very cold there(assertive)

  • hah! Don't bluff. I know you are joking!!

  • !!

  • coool(literally)



What I am going to miss here is Arora Boralis(Northern lights). How I wish I could see that! I would give anything for this light show. But I hear is happens only during winters.

<< Home

__________________________________
about:me
Bangalorean, Love travelling and photography
email:  arunchs at yahoo dot com 

RSS
__________________________________
__________________________________
.

______________________________

PEER TO PEER

Q, Pooja, Archana, Trishna, Ayesha, Anita, ..::H, Codey, Tesh, Syl, Kamat, Kribs, Suman, Smyta

picblogs:Nilesh, Seahawk


______________________________
India Auto Blog


______________________________

Bloggers from India

Comments using: YACCS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



India Traveller


______________________________


 

 

Copyright © 2003 Arun Bhat. All rights reserved.