.

SURPLUS MUSINGS

       Image Gallery  |  Travel  |  Digital Photography

:: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 ::

Ego surfing and my site stats

Site statistics reports are some thing really intereseting. They can be as addicting as the blog itself. Summary of my site stat summary. :-)

  • The highest pageviews in a day is 39. Not sure how much of that is mine. ;-) I don't have to say about the least, it is zero! :-)
  • It is surprising. Some people came to my site browsing in Solaris and Mac machines. Maximum number of visitors were using Win98(48%). Luckily, I don't use Win98 but Win2K(30%). So I am glad to know I don't make up a big part of the site stat report! :-)
  • IE5.01 is the most used browser. I use Netscape and IE5.00 which added together rank 3rd
  • Reference from fellow bloggers brings in around 20% traffic. Google is 7%. 60% of people reach directly.
  • No surprises here. Number of visitors on Saturday and Sunday is much less than other days. ;-))


  • The tricke from Google has only begun recently. Most common keywords:

    • game packman(most frequent)
    • artificial flower shows
    • old pcman game download
    • pictures of varsha bhosle(Ain't got any)
    • kemmannugundi


    The worst thing is that any one trying to reach my archives thru Google will not make it there! I changed my archiving from weekly to monthly and the URLs also have changed. Then, I tried some ego surfing on Google. Other search engines simply refused to recognise me. But who cares when you are there in Google. Search for multiple combinations of my name put me in the first 3 pages. Naturally, I was listed first when I tried full name. But it is worth noticing that there were 2500 entries in all. ;-))

    << Home

__________________________________
about:me
Bangalorean, Love travelling and photography
email:  arunchs at yahoo dot com 

RSS
__________________________________
__________________________________
.

______________________________

PEER TO PEER

Q, Pooja, Archana, Trishna, Ayesha, Anita, ..::H, Codey, Tesh, Syl, Kamat, Kribs, Suman, Smyta

picblogs:Nilesh, Seahawk


______________________________
India Auto Blog


______________________________

Bloggers from India

Comments using: YACCS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



India Traveller


______________________________


 

 

Copyright © 2003 Arun Bhat. All rights reserved.